Pages

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Fish Tacos with Chipotle Cream

 I love tacos.


As previously mentioned, the husband and I are trying to incorporate more fish into our diets.  Of course when I say that we are trying, I really mean that the husband is going along with my wishes.  He's wonderful.


I love tacos, and I like fish, but I don't always like fish tacos.  Sure, they taste wonderful when the fish is deep fried--but I refuse to fry food.  However, the grilled tacos I've had at most restaurants are just kind of...blah.  I've never had the desire to make fish tacos before, until I saw Ellie Krieger's recipe included chipotle chiles.  Mmm.  Sign me up!



 The recipe was certainly simple enough!
  1. Marinate fish for 20 minutes in olive oil and lime
  2. Mix together chipotle cream
  3. Grill fish
  4. Assemble tacos





Consensus?  Yummy!

Time: 45 minutes total (includes 20 minutes of marinating)
Pros:
     *quick and easy
     *Tasty--the husband isn't a huge fish fan, and he really enjoyed these
     *can prep the cream ahead of time
     *Easy to tweak to your preference
     *possibly kid friendly, depending on the quantity/heat of chipotles (we like it hot and added extra)

Cons:
     *Fish was slightly bland
     *Best served during the summer, as fresh corn would really make this dish. Canned corn was just okay
     *Cream definitely tasted yogurty--I'm picky about both yogurt and mayo (the 2 main ingredients!), so I didn't love the cream--but the husband did, and he hates mayo

Splurge on good corn tortillas!  We used the cheapies that come in 30 packs for only a few bucks, and really wished we had the "real" corn tortillas---it would add a lot.


Nutritional Analysis Per Serving
Calories 420
Total Fat 17 g
Saturated Fat 2g
Protein 28 g
Fiber 5 g

No comments:

Post a Comment